Short Stories: Writing Creatively for GCSE English Language
Prepare for the 2015 GCSE specifications with this step-by-step exploration of creative writing.
Student-friendly notes and activities cover 10 key areas of short-story writing including structure, setting, pace and punctuation. Enhanced with useful tips and inspirational quotes – all the tools your students need to write their own creative pieces!
Plan your lessons
Extremely helpful for the busy teacher R Goulds, HoD & Independent Reviewer
- Ready-made lesson structures with suggested timings – easy to plan into SOWs
- Cross-referenced to the AOs with clear teaching objectives
Inspire your students
A logical journey through the creative writing process… K Chanter, English Teacher & Independent Reviewer
- A variety of interesting extract-based activities include sketching, acting and comic strips
- Differentiated to challenge higher-ability students
- PLUS end-of-pack practice questions – students can apply new techniques to long-answer tasks
- Filled with carefully selected extracts to inspire an appreciation of the short-story genre
- Examples range from modern writers (Margaret Attwood) to the classics (Edgar Allen Poe)