The Yellow Wallpaper Comprehensive Guide for A Level
An excellent resource, very high quality, well-informed and well-written, and very useful to teachers and students. L Wilford, English Teacher & Independent Reviewer
Comprehensive study notes integrated with discussion points and study exercises.
- Learn about the importance of Gilbert’s personal situation in relation to this short story
- Explore the story through 10 carefully divided sections of analysis
- Evaluate the key characters and themes and their importance to the story
- Understand critical reception of this story and how it has changed over time
- Apply feminist theory
- Suitable for all exam boards, but specifically includes cross-references to Pride and Prejudice and Edexcel Unit 1 practice essay questions and exam advice.
- Literary theories and critical reception applied, including feminism, sexuality, racism and dandyism
- Themes explored include oppressiveness of marriage, inappropriateness of rest cure, femininity and female oppression