Vocabulary-Building Activities for GCSE English Language
A logophile’s language learning library!
A valuable resource for all English Language teachers! K Greaves, English Teacher & Independent Reviewer
Continuously build students’ vocabulary in preparation for the new AO6 requirements of GCSE English Language exams with these varied and versatile starter, plenary, longer-writing and extension activities. Easy to use and embed into your lesson plans. Fun but thorough practice across key areas of language including etymology, imagery and discourse.
- Differentiated to tailor to the individual learner – providing ‘Tips’ for lower-ability students and ‘Challenges’ for high achievers
- Engaging activity formats including mind maps, match-ups, charts and tables –motivates different learning styles!
- Enjoyable stimulus material from The Great Gatsby to ‘Little Miss Muffet’
- Plus! Imaginative activities on song lyrics, emojis and phone apps make language analysis relevant and accessible!
- Great for mixing and matching with classroom learning or for independent study
|What do teachers have to say about this resource? (1776)|
|"This is a great collection of starting point for creative/descriptive writing and it gathers together a whole collection of resources that are useful for one off lessons, or for a series of tasks." - S Owen, Head of Department and Independent Reviewer|