Jane Eyre: Study Guide for GCSE (first teaching 2015)
Guide your class through this timeless novel with concise, clear commentary and a brilliantly structured approach.
Compelling activities and features, such as a mind map of key relationships, keep students interested – and regular exam practice keeps them on task.
PLENTY to fit the new specification... This is an excellent resource. N Boyce, Examiner & Independent Reviewer
- Walkthrough – Build understanding of the chosen text with insightful and relevant commentary and analysis. All chapters are concisely summarised, then examined in detail.
- Whole-text Analysis – Explores: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Ideas and Messages • Language • Form • Structure • Context
- Indicative Content – Ensures all key content is covered. Great support for busy teachers!
- Student-friendly plot summary
- Key term glossary
- Further reading
- Original illustrations
Woven into the analysis throughout you will find:
- Discussion prompts to encourage debate and individual interpretation
- Active learning tasks to deepen understanding
- Essay tips and questions for excellent exam practice
- Key term definitions and 'did you know?' boxes to ensure students grasp difficult concepts