Animal Farm: Study Guide for GCSE (first teaching 2015)
This detailed and stimulating resource will guide students through Orwell's ever-popular novella. Animal Farm contains elements to engage all abilities, with the straightforward and enjoyable story carrying deeper social comment.
Contains lots of useful information and is structured in a brilliant way, easy for the students to use... It's all in one place. G Bell, English teacher & satisfied customer (feedback for previous edition)
- Walkthrough – Build understanding of the chosen text with insightful and relevant commentary and analysis. All chapters are concisely summarised, then examined in detail.
- Whole-text Analysis – Explores: Characterisation • Relationships • Setting • Themes • Allegory • Language • Form • Structure • Context
- Indicative Content – Ensures all key content is covered. Great support for busy teachers!
- Student-friendly plot summary
- Original illustrations
Woven into the analysis throughout you will find:
- Discussion prompts to encourage debate and individual interpretation – with suggested points to cover
- Active learning tasks to deepen understanding
- Extended essay questions for excellent exam practice