Marketing Distribution Manager
£24,639 FTE, 39 weeks a year, initial 1 year contract
Marketing Distribution Manager required for educational publisher ZigZag Education in their busy office in Westbury-on-Trym, Bristol. Must be numerate, IT literate, and organised for a role which involves printing and overseeing the packing and distribution of ZigZag’s marketing literature. This includes managing, directing, and controlling the marketing department.
This job requires you to be available for the last week of each school holidays and generally for the first 6 weeks of each half term - making a total of approximately 39 weeks in the office (plus holidays). 40 hours per week 9am to 5:30pm (half hour for lunch). Equivalent hourly pay (including holiday pay) is £11.80 plus holiday pay = £13.23.
This role has fully documented procedures and has on the job training provided.
As Marketing Distribution Manager your key responsibility is to ensure mailshots are sent out by agreed deadlines. This includes:
- Carrying out standard checks before printing
- Printing A4 and A3 advertising literature
- Coordinating the packing and sorting of the advertising literature
- Troubleshooting if problems come up, and galvanising the team when under pressure to ensure we achieve deadlines (with support of line manager)
To do this you will need to:
- Liaise with suppliers, order stock, approve invoices
- Manage and organise the department on a daily basis
- Deal with printer problems (they are under warranty)
- Recruit, manage, train and develop new casual staff as needed
- Carry out quality control – ongoing and as part of training new staff
Other work as part of the team
As a small business you may occasionally need to support other departments as required. You may also be required to undertake training in areas suitable to your qualifications, to develop skills and to work in different areas of the business.
Skills & Qualifications Required or Desired
Essential Skills Required
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise
- Quick learner; flexible and adaptable in your approach to work, with the ability to multi-task
- Meticulous, accurate, with high attention to detail
- Good communicator and personable
- Ability to manage a team
Minimum Qualifications Required
- GCSE Maths grade B/7 and GCSE English grade B/7
- Minimum A level grades of B,D,E (or equivalent)
- Strong A level grades
- Good communicator/excellent telephone manner
- Fluent English Speaker with knowledge of the UK schooling system.
- Experience of managing flexible workers
Time off to be fitted around the posting dates and workload - there is flexibility for individual days off within the working periods.
The probationary period is 6 months.
There is a good chance of subsequent contract extensions or permanent contract being available.
Apply via email to Helen Mansley at email@example.com with:
- CV which must include your IT skills and all GCSE/A Level etc. qualifications & grades
Letter of Application including:
- which job you are applying for and where you saw the job advertised
- a short paragraph about your current circumstances and why you are applying for this job
- when you would be interested in starting and what your medium term plans are
- what in the job description specifically appeals to you
- how you feel your skills or aspirations are met within this job
If relevant, let us know if there is anything you would like to know in advance of a possible interview.