Translation Practice for AS and A Level AQA French
Help students master the complexities of translation through an understanding of how grammar, vocabulary and transference of meaning work together in an idiomatic way.
The Translation Practice pack enables students to develop the skills to translate successfully into English and into French. All 2016 AS and A Level AQA specification topics are covered to ensure comprehensive knowledge of vocabulary in varied contexts.
With a tailor-made structure that includes:
- Helpful tips on how to approach translations both ways
- Worked examples of translations with explanations
- Grammar and vocabulary preparatory activities
- AS/A Level Year 1: Translate 5 English sentences into French with help from a supporting text
- A Level Year 2: Translate an English paragraph into French with help from a supporting text
- Translate a French paragraph into English
- Mark schemes with indicative content
|What do teachers have to say about this resource? (8279)|
|'Very detailed, lengthy and worthy resource. Both text contents and vocabulary are relevant to the level targeted and challenging enough. The grammatical points are explained clearly. I like the very clear and detailed marking schemes with "accept" and "decline".' C Shepherd, French Teacher and Independent Reviewer|
|'A very helpful and well thought out resource. The grammatical progression is perfect. The explanations, clear and simple, will appeal to a generation not enamoured with grammar! There is an excellent choice of exercises to prepare for the translations in the examination.' C Hicks, Examiner and Ind. Reviewer|
|'This resource enhances learning by exposing the learner to a wealth of good structures and vocabulary relevant to the various topics and helps them consider the real difficulties associated with translating from one language to another. It is very useful for pointing out to the learner that languages do the same job but differently. In this latter way, its educational value is high.’ A Betts, Teacher, Former HoD and Ind. Reviewer|