Exam Preparation Guide for GCSE (9–1) WJEC Media Studies
Perfect your students’ exam technique with these supportive and student-friendly guides for GCSE (9–1) WJEC Units 1 and 2. Bursting with a wide variety of exam-style questions, graded sample answers, constructive examiner commentary, varied tasks and mini-mock papers – ideal for classwork, homework or intensive revision sessions.
Deconstruct the exam
- Clear and concise notes cover all types of exam-style question, as well as the assessment objectives, media concepts, contexts and theories, so students have clear exam expectations.
- Original exam-style questions with sample answers and examiner’s commentary demonstrate best practice and pinpoint common errors.
Practise and build exam skills
- Progressive and differentiated exam-style questions put learning into practice and develop writing skills.
- Plus! Writing frames support lower-ability students.
Apply skills and test yourself
- Synoptic exam tips for last-minute, confidence-boosting advice.
- 2 mini-mock papers, complete with student-friendly mark schemes consolidate learning.
- Unit 1: Exploring the Media
- Unit 2: Understanding Television and Film
- Section A: Representations – advertising, video games and newspapers
- Section B: Music
- Section A: Wales on Television
- Section B: Contemporary Hollywood Film
- media industries
- media audiences
- media language
- media representation
- Gavin & Stacey, series 3 episode 5: From Billericay to Barry
- Weatherman Walking, Series 10, episode 1: Portmeirion and Dolaucothi
- Rownd a Rownd, Episode 76, (First broadcast 10/11/16)
- Pobl Port Talbot, series 1, episode 1
- the D.C. Universe franchise
- the Divergent franchise
- the Harry Potter franchise
- the Hunger Games franchise
- the Marvel franchise
- the Spider-Man franchise
- the Star Wars franchise