A Level AQA Learning Grids
Students have to read their textbook/notes to complete a grid of questions based on a sub-topic of the learning criteria. Cross-referenced to the most popular endorsed A Level textbooks to ensure a structured reading of the text.
- Minimal preparation for the teacher – great for cover lessons!
- An easy-to-set, yet valuable homework option.
- Results in a set of comprehensive revision notes.
- Covers all specification content.
- Questions and Answers provided.
Some great revision ideas here to review learning either at the end of the topic or for revision before final examinations. It is a good opportunity for pupils to reflect on their prior knowledge and areas that are lacking
A godsend for those students who find learning difficult and motivates the less willing.
- The structured method of learning grids is of great value to students, especially if they find it difficult to absorb all the information in class.
- Case study specific learning grids make perfect factsheets for revision.
- Engaging diagrams break up text and engage visual learners.
- ZigZag Education Resource Packs for A Level AQA Geography
- Geography for A Level and AS (4th Ed.), by Skinner et al. (Hodder, ISBN 978-1471858697)
- Geography Student Book (A/AS Level for AQA), by Bowen et al. (Cambridge University Press, ISBN 978-1316606322)
ZigZag Education is not affiliated with Hodder or Cambridge University Press.
For topics that are applicable to the AS Geography Specification (7036), these resources are still suitable for AS only teaching, or co-teaching.
What do teachers say about this resource? (9098)
I really like the resource. It would be a very useful addition to the resources given to our students and could easily be used well with other assets in class
It is a very concise revision tool for students and has made good use of the Spec and followed the outline of the AQA spec carefully. Some great revision ideas here to review learning either at the end of the topic or for revision before final examinations. It is a good opportunity for pupils to reflect on their prior knowledge and areas that are lacking
I particularly like the range of approaches to completing the tasks and recording knowledge. I like that it is broken down into sections then again into manageable tasks. I can see it working well as a private study task to support student engagement in lessons as well as a revision resource at the end of the course and prior to exams. The resource encourages the student to engage in the material covered in class and private study. It uses a range of diagrams and images that may be unfamiliar and asks the student to use their knowledge to explain different scenarios
- A Level Geography Learning Grids
- A Level AQA Geography (7037)
- Physical Geography
- Water and Carbon Cycles
- Water Cycle
- Carbon Cycle
- A Level Geography
- A Level Learning Grids
- Coastal Systems and Landscapes
- Global Systems and Global Governance
- Human Geography
- Changing Places
- Contemporary Urban Environments
- Population and the Environment
- Resource Security