Getting to Know... Die Verwandlung (2nd Edition)
- AQA: AS and Level
- Edexcel: A Level
- Eduqas: A Level
Ready-to-use research tasks, worksheets, background information and practice exam questions ensure comprehensive understanding of this defining piece of twentieth-century literature. Students will get to know Die Verwandlung inside out and be fully prepared for the writing exams.
The structure offers the perfect balance between guided classwork and independent study:
- Before: Introductory tasks covering Franz Kafka and the history of the novella give students a solid foundation from which to begin their study.
- During: In-depth exploration and analysis of the text ensures thorough understanding. Students consolidate their textual knowledge while critically examining aspects such as characters, themes and narrative techniques.
- Packed with example analyses and possible interpretations to encourage students to critically evaluate.
- Activities include: vocabulary, comprehension, translation, grammar, discussion, research and writing.
- After: Exam-style essay questions split by board and level help students to apply what they have learnt. Model essays prompt discussion of successful essay technique.
What do teachers have to say about this resource? (9093)
'A lot of work has gone into this and anyone teaching Die Verwandlung will find it an informative and interesting resource. It will save them a huge amount of time researching the background to Kafka, the genre and themes and I think it would also prove useful for university students reading this book.' J Briden, Teacher and Independent Reviewer