Exam Preparation Guide for GCSE (9–1) Eduqas Media Studies
Perfect your students’ exam technique with these supportive and student-friendly guides for GCSE (9–1) Eduqas Components 1 and 2. Bursting with a wide variety of exam-style questions, graded sample answers, constructive examiner commentary, varied tasks and mini-mock papers – ideal for classwork, homework or intensive revision sessions.
Deconstruct the exam
- Clear and concise notes cover all types of exam-style question, as well as LIAR, context and theories and the assessment objectives, so students have clear exam expectations
- Original exam-style questions with sample answers and examiner’s commentary demonstrate best practice and pinpoint common errors.
Practise and build exam skills
- Progressive and differentiated exam-style questions put learning into practice and develop writing skills.
- Plus! Writing frames support lower-ability students.
Apply skills and test yourself
- Synoptic exam tips for last-minute, confidence-boosting advice.
- 2 mini-mock papers, complete with student-friendly mark schemes consolidate learning.
- Exam practice
- Taylor Swift Bad Blood
- Bruno Mars Uptown Funk
- Duran Duran Rio
- Component 2: Understanding Media Forms and Products
- Michael Jackson Black or White
- The Man with the Golden Gun
- The Guardian
- The Sun
- Quality Street
- This Girl Can
- The Archers
- Pokémon Go
- The Sweeney
- The IT Crowd
- Katy Perry Roar
- Section A: Television
- Component 1: Exploring the Media
- Section B: Music (music videos and online media)
- Section B: Exploring Media Industries and Audiences
- Section A: Exploring Media Language and Representation