Getting to Know... La vie en rose
- Edexcel: AS and A Level
Ready-to-use research tasks, worksheets, background information and practice exam questions ensure comprehensive understanding of this biographical musical film based on the life of iconic French singer Edith Piaf. The structure offers the perfect balance between guided classwork and independent study, and prepares students fully for the writing exam.
- Before: Sections include activities on the actors, director, Piaf’s life and understanding the social and historical context of the film.
- During: Students navigate the film by studying its key scenes alongside songs featured, and answer questions that encourage learning of the target language and the work.
- After: The focus shifts to analysing the film through its themes, symbols, structure, genre and more. Tips and exam-style questions provide final preparation for writing an effective essay.
- Answers are provided for all activities, including model essays and indicative content for the exam-style questions.
- Additional sections about Piaf’s life and the film have been included for motivated students looking to study beyond the requirements of the exam.