Sketchbook Companion for AS and A Level Art
Help your students produce a professional, meaningful and well-evidenced sketchbook with this stimulating guide. Provides both inspiration and practical reference material, requiring minimal teacher guidance.
- Student-friendly notes on annotation, organisation, research, experimentation and presentation help students progress from GCSE to A Level and ensure that they know exactly what is expected of them.
- Creative activities with clear instructions across all areas of study elicit imaginative and intellectual responses.
- Plus! ‘Artist Block’ help sheets uncover key artists, movements and critics to generate and develop ideas and encourage critical and contextual analysis.
- Annotated examples of sketchbook pages demonstrate how to put together a well-structured and well-evidenced project.
Plus! Exam-board-specific information clearly outlines the requirements of the course, and further reading suggestions support the most able.
What do teachers say about this resource? (8886)
A good, useful resource for teachers and students to work with together. The presentation is excellent, clear and easy to follow the train of thought in each part.
- A Level
- Component 1: Externally Set Task
- Component 1: Personal Creative Enquiry
- Component 1: Personal Investigation
- Component 1: Portfolio
- Component 2: Externally Set Assignment
- Component 2: Externally Set Task
- Craft and Design
- Critical and Contextual Studies
- Fine Art
- Graphic Communication
- Textile Design
- Three-Dimensional Design
- Unit 1: Personal Creative Enquiry
- Unit 2: Personal Investigation
- Unit 3: Externally Set Assignment