Translation Practice for AS and A Level AQA German
Help students master the complexities of translation through an understanding of how grammar, vocabulary and transference of meaning work together in an idiomatic way.
The Translation Practice pack enables students to develop the skills to translate successfully into English and into German. All 2016 AS and A Level AQA specification topics are covered to ensure comprehensive knowledge of vocabulary in varied contexts.
The texts reveal a sound knowledge of German culture. Authentic texts are very appealing to language students. […] The author is very knowledgeable about modern technology and articles like these will interest the younger generation […] I like that the author explains everything step by step. There are lots of subtasks provided. I also like that the author uses very detailed solutions and a very precise mark scheme.M Schumacher-Woodburn, Tutor and Ind. Reviewer
With a tailor-made structure that includes:
- Helpful tips on how to approach translations both ways
- Worked examples of translations with explanations
- Grammar and vocabulary preparatory activities
- AS/A Level Year 1: Translate 5 English sentences into German with help from a supporting text
- A Level Year 2: Translate an English paragraph into German with help from a supporting text
- Translate a German paragraph into English
- Mark schemes with indicative content
I thought the resource was very thorough and addressed many of the concerns which students have about translating. Students were guided through the vocabulary for each task and the grammar, which could be used either for revision or preparation for the tasks. I rather wish I had thought of it myself!K Wright, Teacher and Ind. Reviewer