The Caucasian Chalk Circle: A Complete Play Guide for AS & A Level
One of Brecht’s most celebrated and challenging works, The Caucasian Chalk Circle allows students to fully get to grips with the concept of ‘epic theatre’ and anti-realist techniques while exploring the complex political themes and motives behind the action.
Fantastically clear explanations, in-depth analysis of key dramatic and theatrical aspects, and a wealth of engaging practical and non-practical activities. Your students will know The Caucasian Chalk Circle inside out:
- Introductory notes and exploratory activities ensure full understanding of the social, historical, cultural, textual and theatrical contexts
- Scene-by-scene walk-through includes detailed analysis of the relevant performance aspects, with plenty of opportunity for practical investigation and independent study
- Production concepts and performance strategies cover character, design, staging, practitioners and more
- Includes indicative content for all activities to support your teaching and your students
- With key terms glossary – perfect for revision!
Specifically geared towards the AS and A Level text-based question, this comprehensive pack is your one-stop shop!
- Set Text
- Play Guide
- Drama and Theatre
- Drama and Theatre Studies
- Theatre Studies
- AS AQA Drama
- A Level AQA Drama
- Component 1: Interpreting Drama
- Component 1: Drama and Theatre
- AS OCR Drama
- A Level OCR Drama
- Component 05: Exploring Performance
- Component 31: Analysing Performance
- The Caucasian Chalk Circle
- Section A: Family Dynamics