Getting to Know… Der gute Mensch von Sezuan
- WJEC A Level
Ready-to-use research tasks, activities, background information and practice exam questions ensure comprehensive understanding of Der gute Mensch von Sezuan. Written by Bertold Brecht, this play covers major social issues, including capitalism, materialism, the role of the sexes and love as a weakness.
The structure of the resource offers the perfect balance between guided classwork and independent study, and enables students to prepare fully for the writing exam:
- Before: Activities cover Bertold Brecht and his work, German political history, theatre vocabulary, and grammar practice in the context of the play.
- During: Students test their comprehension of the play and analyse it scene by scene with varied and engaging activities.
- After: Information and activities about key themes and characters are followed by exam requirements, essay tips, exam-style questions, and guidance on the individual research project (speaking).
- ‘Quick checks’ checklists follow each section and help students to consolidate knowledge.
- Answers are provided for all activities, including model essays and indicative content for the exam-style questions.