Starters and Plenaries for A Level OCR A Biology
Let learning germinate and bloom with these short and stimulating classroom activities
Designed to support core factual learning as well as growth of maths and practical skills, these imaginative pick-up-and-use activities will enrich any scheme of work.
The variety of activities is refreshing
- Fantastic variety of activities for each major topic motivates and enthuses all learning styles
- Super teacher-friendly, with guidance and answers for every activity
- Perfect lesson building blocks, with spec links, possible uses and timings
What do teachers say about this resource? (8079, 8080, 8081)
I thought this resource was really well designed. It covers all the AS topics and is an engaging mix of real-life examples of concepts we teach, very clear visuals and a great range of teaching ideas.
The variety of activities is refreshing.
I particularly liked the range of activities, in particular the group activities where students can share their ideas with each other. I also liked how the resources encouraged the use of key terminology allowing students to become more comfortable with the scientific words needed in their course.
What do teachers say about this resource? (12283)
A lot of hard-work and thought has gone into this. There is variety and in depth answers. There are many plenaries to check learning has taken place and so it is a valuable toolkit to have for lessons. The detailed guidance on how to use and prior reading required is easy to use and should save time, as well as being useful as formative assessment.
The recall of knowledge helps to embed long term memory. There is not superficial learning; some activities have answers with depth justifying answers. Activity 27 on Environmental factors allowed students to test their knowledge of application in a novel context and therefore is an appropriate challenge.
- A Level Biology
- A Level OCR Biology (H420/H422)
- Component 01
- Component 02
- Foundations in biology
- Exchange and transport
- Biodiversity, evolution and disease
- A Level Starters and Plenaries
- A Level Biology Starters and Plenaries
- A Level Science Starters and Plenaries
- AQA Biology Year 2
- AQA Biology A Level
- Science Starters and Plenaries
- Energy transfers in and between organisms
- Organisms respond to changes in their internal and external environments
- Genetics, populations, evolution and ecosystems
- Control of gene expression