Topic on a Page for GCSE AQA Food Preparation and Nutrition
21 visual and engaging A3 photocopiable revision posters covering all of the key theory content of the AQA GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition specification.
Useful for students who are not effective at their own note taking...
...It will speed up the revision process... and thus, enhance their learning
- Concise notes covering key vocabulary and knowledge students need for the exam
- Carefully designed to show clear links between key topics
- Countless examples to encourage effective application to the food industry.
- Diagrams, graphs and images to illuminate key concepts – valuable for visual learners and EAL students.
It will be useful for students to have 19 pages of concise notes, in comparison to a 200 page + textbook during revision
- Summary poster giving at-a-glance overview
- Partially complete write-on activity poster with focused and varied tasks
- Hand out at the end of the course or at the end of a topic for revision recap
- Hand out partially completed worksheets for in-class activities
- Display on classroom walls as visual cues
What do teachers say about this resource? (7909)
On the whole, the resource is very beneficial... I am yet to find such a comprehensive summary of the course. I will be able to share it with my students ahead of revision for the final examinations. It is produced in a student friendly format that they will enjoy using. It can be used as a whole document or taken as knowledge organisers and used with associating comprehension tasks. Engaging layout for learners, rather than many paragraphs... Use of key words, images and pictures... This makes it more manageable for my students. It can be used in lessons as a comprehension style activity or students could use it to create their own knowledge organisers.
I would definitely use this resource; possibly for end-of-course revision prior to the final exam, but also really useful to pull sections out for topic tests throughout the course. Blank version; this is useful so students can look, cover, write, and check. All the information is condensed so you can pull out the topics that you need to focus on. Good to see intrinsic sugar fully explained as this word is popping up more and more. The sensory analysis section is also clear; my students got really confused with the different types and this would have helped. Firstly it can help the teacher to check all areas of the spec have been covered, we do sometimes miss bits if you are absent or it is overlooked. Also, it helps to summarise the key points for students to focus on in their revision; some struggle to extract these if you have spent longer on a topic and they have more detailed notes; this clearly identifies the key points quickly.
Excellent! Comprehensive! Perfect! I am using them as Y11 GCSE Food Prep revision sheets. It's in A4 & A3 format, and there's the worksheet version plus the answer sheet.
As a teacher, it was useful to see how much information the pupils needed to know for their exams and plan my lessons accordingly. I particularly liked the fact that each page included all of the key information and I did not feel that anything was missing. It will be useful for students to have 19 pages of concise notes, in comparison to a 200 page + textbook during revision. I feel that this resource will be particularly useful for those students who are not effective at their own note taking as it has been done for them. It will speed up the revision process for students and thus, enhance their learning.
- 3.2 Food, Nutrition and Health
- 3.3 Food Science
- 3.4 Food Safety
- 3.5 Food Choice
- 3.6 Food Provenance
- GCSE AQA Food Preparation and Nutrition (8585)
- GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition
- GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition Theory
- GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition Topic on a Page
- GCSE Topic on a Page
- Paper 1 Food Preparation and Nutrition
- Topic on a page for Food