Technical Learning Grids for OCR AS and A Level PE
A brilliant idea designed to support less academic students. Students have to read their textbook/notes to complete a grid of questions following the OCR A Level specification section by section. Cross-referencing to the ZigZag Course Companion and to the OCR-endorsed textbooks ensures a structured reading of the text.
A superb revision resource to use as it covers all the key terms and topics and makes [students] think about questioning and how to word their answers
This is a saviour for those students who find learning difficult and motivation for the less willing. Leads to active learning, identification of key points and the structuring of information.
- Questions cover all assessment objectives – developing students’ ability to demonstrate knowledge, apply understanding and evaluate factors underpinning performance
- Full specification coverage – great for using as revision notes
- Particularly supports 'hands-on' learners who need to write information to absorb it
- ZigZag Education Course Companions for OCR AS and A Level PE
- OCR A Level PE Book 1, by John Honeybourne and Sarah Powell (Hodder Education Group, 2012, ISBN 978-1444187274)
What do teachers say about this resource? (8597)
A great resource which breaks down the syllabus into various exam style questions and answers. Could pick bits out and use whilst teaching the content or to form quizzes and also a fantastic revision resource at the end of the year for students... it will then give them a superb revision resource to use as it covers all the key terms and topics in the syllabus and makes them think about questioning and how to word their answers... The layout is very simple to follow with the headings breaking down the specification.
A good tool to consolidate learning, and if used throughout the course will bring a sense of consistency to the student’s learning. The place for them is at end of topic/units to review learning, and then refer back to them during the revision process.
What do teachers say about this resource? (7615)
A very good revision tool... easy to use and will fit well with [students] notes. The full range of topics covered is very good and will be of huge benefit to lower ability students.
- A level
- Physical Education
- First teaching 2016
- Applied anatomy and physiology
- Exercise physiology
- Skill acquisition
- Sports Psychology
- Sport and Society
- Contemporary issues in Physical Activity and Sport
- Technology in sport
- 2018 exams
- Quantitative skills. Technical.