Getting to Know... Der Besuch der alten Dame (2nd Edition)
- AQA AS and A Level
- Edexcel AS and A Level
- Eduqas AS and A Level
- CCEA A Level only
Ready-to-use research tasks, worksheets, background information and practice exam questions ensure full understanding of this popular tragicomedy. Students will get to know the play inside out and be well prepared for the AS and A Level writing exams.
The special before-, during- and after-reading structure is ideal for the perfect balance between independent and class work:
- Before: Independent research tasks on the plot and life of the author
- During: Worksheets and interactive activities on the themes, events, characters and dramatic techniques
- After: Exam-style essay questions split by board for students to apply what they have learnt
- Worksheets on Claire Zachanassian and Alfred III
- Questions on the themes of greed, love, family, death, the establishment and justice
- Top tips for a top grade essay
- Model essays that guide students towards well-developed and structured answers
- Answers to all exercises
This is a helpful resource, highlighting the main dramatic themes, characters and plot, and identifying examination requirements carefully [...] It is a sound match to the AS and A Level specifications, backed up well with relevant essay questions, and encouragement to look at analysis rather than description. E Winter, Teacher and Ind. Reviewer.