Blood Brothers: Springboard Scheme of Work for GCSE Drama
- AQA 2016 spec
- OCR 2016 spec
Introduce Willy Russell’s modern classic in a practical way with this eight-lesson, ready-to-use springboard scheme of work!
Covering key thematic and theatrical elements, it will help students to gain solid grounding of the events of the text while exploring performance, design and directorial aspects:
- Eight one-hour lessons explore all relevant aspects of the play – including context, characters, themes, form, and staging
- Chronological exploration via key scenes
- Lesson plans with starters, mains, plenaries and homeworks, plus plenty of ideas for differentiation
- Variety of practical activities engages students with active exploration, experimentation and peer- and self-evaluation
- Ready-to-use handouts mean minimal preparation – also perfect as quick, end-of-year revision sheets!
Well planned and designed to cover a variety of aspects of the text...
...This reduces my planning while enabling my students to engage in high quality activities
Fully geared towards the 2016 GCSE Drama specifications, these exciting and engaging lessons will increase students’ core knowledge – and develop crucial dramatic skills.
Perfect preparation for not only the written exam, but for any other component of the course!
What do teachers say about this resource? (7315)
Well planned and designed to cover a variety of aspects of the text. It consistently uses practical activities to explore complex ideas and themes. This reduces my planning while enabling my students to engage in high quality activities. This is a great way to start engaging practical work around the text in a meaningful way to prepare for exams. It is extremely well linked to the OCR specification, with clear references to different expectations
Appropriate for the target audience and is easy to read. Tasks are adaptable across specifications and the author has provided a range of supporting documents which is helpful... I really enjoyed reading the resource and could imagine using this with my students.
- Blood Brothers
- Bringing Texts to Life
- Drama Lesson Plans
- GCSE AQA Drama (8261)
- GCSE Drama
- GCSE Drama Scheme of Work
- GCSE Drama Springboard Scheme of Work
- GCSE Edexcel Drama (1DR0)
- GCSE Eduqas Drama (C690)
- GCSE OCR Drama (J316)
- GCSE Scheme of Work
- GCSE WJEC Drama (3690)
- Interpreting Theatre
- Set Text
- Study of Set Text
- Texts in Practice
- Theatre Makers in Practice
- Understanding Drama
- Willy Russell