Getting to Know... Boule de suif
- AQA AS & A Level
- Edexcel AS & A Level
- Eduqas A Level
Ready-to-use research tasks, worksheets, background information and practice exam questions ensure comprehensive understanding of Maupassant's most famous collection of short stories. Students will get to know Boule de suif et autres contes de la guerre inside out and be fully prepared for AS and A Level writing exams.
Written specifically for the 2016 specifications, the structure offers the perfect balance between guided classwork and independent study:
- Before: Introductory tasks to prepare students – with specific focus on the historical context of the Franco-Prussian War and Maupassant's philosophy.
- During: Comprehensive story-by-story work-through to ensure thorough understanding. Students will consolidate their knowledge of the narrative through vocabulary, comprehension, translation, speaking and writing exercises.
- 'Boule de suif', 'La mère Sauvage', 'Un duel' and 'Deux amis' all covered.
- Includes dedicated section on analysis of structure, form, themes, characters, settings and interpretations.
- After: Dedicated exam-preparation section with exam-style practice questions and essay-writing guidance.
|What do teachers have to say about this resource? (7209)|
|"The background sections at the beginning and the notes on Maupassant's attitude to writing all encourage a thorough understanding of the creative genius of one of France's great writers...I am most impressed by the quality of this particular resource." -- C Gaumet-Ducros, Examiner & Independent Reviewer.|