Course Companions for AQA GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition
Very detailed... with application to classroom and industry
Keep your students on the right track with these clear and digestible course notes.
Written in a student-friendly language and organised in specification order, including:
- A topic overview page, with clear learning outcomes and key terms – maintain focus and build familiarity with need-to-know terms
- Accessible notes at an appropriate level engage read-write learners
- End-of-topic exam-style questions and answers to assess learning
- Thought-provoking images and diagrams to stimulate visual learners
Great detail and content was excellent
Build and apply knowledge…
- ‘Apply’, ‘Did you know’ and ‘Research’ boxes inspire further study and encourage application of knowledge to food industries
- Practical ‘skills’ activities nurture students’ preparation and cooking skills – great for kinaesthetic learners
- Exam tips provide helpful methods to memorise key content
‘Things to think about’ provides
opportunities for in-class discussion springboards
I particularly liked the ‘research’ ‘apply’ and ‘tip’ sections...
...Research allows for more independent learning from the higher learners... The 'tips' support the constant need to apply to the exam process... The ‘skills’ allows for all abilities to apply their learning with meaningful tasks and activities.
What do teachers say about this resource? (7478)
This resource covers all the specification requirements for component 3.4 and reflects the knowledge required by students. A good mix of teaching aids (especially for the non-specialist) and student tasks which expand on learning... This will certainly aid with helping with lesson planning and course coverage.
The check your understanding sections are a great addition to quickly check understanding and review. I particularly liked the ‘research’ ‘apply’ and ‘tip’ sections. The research allows for more independent learning from the higher learners within the group especially. The tip sections support the constant need to apply to the exam process. The ‘skills’ section allows for all abilities to apply their learning with meaningful tasks and activities.
The information provided is in such detail it allows to the individuals to access the specification and break it down into small segments allowing engagement within the assignment not to wain and by engaging the leaner with the topic, greater learning and achievement can take place. For the teacher the added understanding questions allow for immediate feedback of progress being made. Great for teachers to underpin their subject knowledge. The use of pictures and spacious format makes this an easy resource to negotiate. The research areas and skills match the specification and aids in the independent learning of each student no matter of ability.
What do teachers say about this resource? (7534)
Great detail and content was excellent. The apply sections provide excellent practical activities to further enhance learning.
What do teachers say about this resource? (7738)
I felt the whole resource was very informative. I like the check your understanding questions as they provide both multiple choice and open ended questions. I really liked the visuals added for sustainability/transport. I think it's great, especially for coursework elements. Would be great for teachers, who need to freshen up their subject knowledge. The layout is good... especially with the facts that are added alongside the general information. Good for those grades 8-9 students.
What do teachers say about this resource? (7161)
A very good resource. Very detailed in the areas that it covers with application to classroom and industry. I like the graphics, ‘did you know’ boxes, interspaced with quizzes, questions and exercises.
I think that this resource would be great to use as a revision tool. It will provide a back up to information taught within lessons and should allow students to review and consolidate knowledge. The resource contains a range of relevant theoretical knowledge and key terms.
- GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition Theory
- GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition
- Paper 1 Food Preparation and Nutrition
- 3.5 Food Choice
- GCSE Course Companions
- GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition Course Companion
- GCSE Food Preparation and Nutrition Practical
- GCSE AQA Food Preparation and Nutrition (8585)
- 3.2 Food, Nutrition and Health
- 3.6 Food Provenance
- 3.4 Food Safety
- 3.3 Food Science