Starters and Plenaries for GCSE OCR PE
Inject pace into your lessons and get across the finishing line with these short and stimulating starters and plenaries. Full specification coverage in spec order, designed explicitly for the OCR GCSE (9-1) PE specification.
28-31 write-on in-class activities have been carefully designed with a strong focus on classroom learning.
The majority of the resource featured accurate knowledge relating to the specification and this ensured it maintained a high standard
- Perfect mixture of activities motivates and enthuses all learning styles
- Visual links to sporting examples empower deeper understanding and application of knowledge
- Ideal blend of individual, paired, small-group and whole-class activities develops independent and cooperative learning methods
- Includes opportunity for data interpretation and analysis
There is a wide range of activities, that make student's think in a different way and apply their knowledge differently each time
- Complete teacher’s notes with clear learning aims
- Instructions and answers for every activity
What do teachers say about this resource? (7158)
The resource was very comprehensive and featured a range of activities that would provide good variety for the pupils. The majority of the resource featured accurate knowledge relating to the specification and this ensured it maintained a high standard. A really good set of resources that cover a comprehensive amount of the content. If I owned the document [Pdf & Word available], I would be able to produce an online version which could be completed by the pupils on their computers. This resource is excellent in supporting pupils that have either just learnt or are learning new information. On the whole it is superb.
A useful and engaging resource that will help students engage in the lesson right from the start. There is a wide range of activities for both starters and plenaries, that makes the students think in a different way and apply their knowledge differently each time. Use of data tasks through out the resource is very useful as this is an area many students can struggle with, so lost of practice in different topic area will really help their understanding. The resource will help enhance and refine the knowledge students have gained throughout the course. It forces students to recap on their learning and recall information in a fun engaging way. The more students can recall information they have learnt in the past the more likely they are to remember it and apply it in the exams. The specification cross-referencing page is very useful! This saves a lot of time as it makes finding what you want very quick and simple. Great resource
A useful resource...helps recap and research knowledge required for specification. Variety of ways of asking for information.
What do teachers say about this resource? (7159)
I really like the variety in tasks. The nutritional match up task was of great quality along with the data graph drawing tasks. The data analysis tasks are broken down well and ask the pupils to analyse the information in useful and effective ways that will resemble what they may be required to do in the final exams. It certainly does have a good level of educational value and would see it supporting a high ability group.
Some good ideas to start and end lessons. A variety of ideas to recap or introduce work.
- 1.1 Applied anatomy and physiology
- 1.2 Physical training
- GCSE OCR Physical Education (J587)
- GCSE PE
- GCSE PE Starters and Plenaries
- GCSE Starters and Plenaries
- Physical factors affecting performance
- starters and plenaries for PE
- 2.1 Socio-cultural influences
- 2.2 Sports psychology
- 2.3 Health, fitness and well-being
- Socio-cultural issues and sports psychology