Learning Grids for A Level OCR A Chemistry
Excellent... really useful for weaker students as it helps them to pull out key ideas without missing the level of detail necessary to understand the concept at A level. L. Marsh, Assistant Head of Science & Independent Reviewer
A brilliant idea designed to support weaker students. Students have to read their textbook/notes to complete a grid of questions in specification order. Progressive structure encourages students to work through a topic logically, helping them grasp the basics before tackling the applied questions.
A godsend for students who find it difficult to absorb information in class and for the less willing. Leads to active learning, identification of key points and the structuring of information.
- Particularly supports 'hands-on' learners who need to write information down to absorb it
- An easy-to-set, yet valuable homework
- Requires minimal preparation and interaction from the teacher - great for cover lessons!
- Result! Revision notes - with full spec coverage!
Cross-referenced to approved textbooks for new spec:
- OCR A Level Chemistry A, A Level Year 1 and AS (Pearson, 2015. ISBN 978-1447990789)
- OCR A Level Chemistry A, A Level Year 2 (Pearson, 2015. ISBN 978-1447990819)
- A Level Chemistry A for OCR Year 1 and AS Student Book (OUP, 2015. ISBN 978-0198351962)
- A Level Chemistry A for OCR Year 2 Student Book (OUP, 2015. ISBN 978-0198357650)
Includes key skills for practicals and Maths