Getting to Know... Solas (Benito Zambrano)
- CCEA AS
Ready-to-use research tasks, worksheets, background information and practice exam questions ensure comprehensive understanding of Benito Zambrano’s Goya-winning film. Students will get to know Solas inside out and be fully prepared for the AS and A Level writing exams.
Written specifically for the 2016 specifications, the structure offers the perfect balance between guided classwork and independent study:
- Before: Introductory tasks covering cinematic tendencies and techniques and contemporary issues affecting Spanish society provide students with the basic knowledge to begin their study.
- During: Comprehensive work-through of the themes and features of the film ensures thorough analysis. Students will consolidate their understanding of the plot while evaluating key concepts and issues.
- Themes include la soledad, el machismo and la violencia de género
- Task-based approach incorporates a variety of activity types, including vocabulary, translation, comprehension, writing and speaking
- After: Dedicated exam-preparation section with exam-style practice questions and essay-writing guidance.
|What do teachers have to say about this resource? (6654)|
|'I think that overall this is a great resource. The author has put much effort putting it all together and it makes best possible use of a movie that portrays a very specific Spanish reality. The resource guides thoroughly the students not only through the movie but to explore Spanish cultural topics and sub-topics (relationships, social issues, cinema and film genre vocabulary, etc), as well as Spanish language.' H Cambero, Spanish Teacher and Independent Reviewer|