Getting to Know... Mutter Courage und Ihre Kinder
- AQAAS and A Level
Ready-to-use research tasks, worksheets, background information and practice exam questions ensure comprehensive understanding of this 1939 play by Bertolt Brecht, considered by many to be the greatest anti-war play of all time. Students will get to know Mutter Courage inside out and be fully prepared for the AQA AS and A Level writing exams.
- Before: Introductory tasks covering Bertolt Brecht, the title, language and useful vocabulary give students a solid foundation from which to begin their study.
- During: In-depth exploration and analysis of each scene ensures thorough understanding. Students consolidate their textual knowledge while critically examining aspects such as characters, themes, symbols and famous performances of the play.
- Packed with example analyses and possible interpretations to encourage students to critically evaluate.
- Activities include: vocabulary, comprehension, translation, grammar, discussion, research and writing.
- After: Exam-style questions help students to apply what they have learnt. Sample essays for AS and A Level prompt discussion of successful essay technique. Plus! Useful essay phrases and essay-writing tips, designed specifically for use with the 2016 AQA specification.
|What do teachers have to say about this resource? (6647)|
|'A perfect resource for a perfect play. I am very impressed by the background knowledge as well exercises, guiding students and allowing them to really appreciate the play. I loved the section in the beginning relating to Brecht and his life.' H Rentel, German Teacher and Independent Reviewer|