Getting to Know... Die verlorene Ehre der Katharina Blum
- AQA AS & A Level
- Edexcel A Level
Ready-to-use research tasks, worksheets, background information and practice exam questions ensure comprehensive understanding of this engaging and stylistically exquisite novel by Heinrich Böll. Students will get to know Katharina Blum inside out and be fully prepared for AQA and Edexcel writing exams.
The educational value of this is immense C Parker, German Teacher & Independent Reviewer
The structure offers the perfect balance between guided classwork and independent study:
- Before: Introductory tasks covering Heinrich Böll, the origin of the novel, historical context and Böll’s use of names give students a solid foundation from which to begin their study.
- During: In-depth exploration and analysis of the text ensures thorough understanding. Students consolidate their textual knowledge while critically examining aspects such as structure, humour, narrative voice and key characters.
- Packed with example analyses and possible interpretations to encourage students to critically evaluate.
- Activities include: vocabulary, comprehension, translation, grammar, discussion, research and writing.
- After: Detailed discussion of themes followed by a comprehensive exam section written specifically for the 2016 specs. Exam-style questions help students to apply what they have learnt. Sample essays for AS and A Level prompt discussion of successful essay technique.
|What do teachers have to say about this resource? (6626)|
|"This is a useful resource which makes a complex, multi-layered work rather more accessible to today’s students of AS/A2 German, as it uses a bite-size, cumulative approach as a way into the work. [...] The resource also supports the process of vocabulary assimilation through a range of exercises and question types which students should find approachable and provides opportunities to develop high level grammar skills within the context of literary criticism." --H Scott Murphy, Independent Teacher & Examiner|
|'The educational value of this is immense in my opinion.' C Parker, German Teacher and Independent Reviewer|