Getting to Know... Die verlorene Ehre der Katharina Blum
- AQA AS & A Level
- Edexcel A Level
Ready-to-use research tasks, worksheets, background information and practice exam questions ensure comprehensive understanding of this engaging and stylistically exquisite novel by Heinrich Böll. Students will get to know Katharina Blum inside out and be fully prepared for AQA and Edexcel writing exams.
The educational value of this is immense C Parker, German Teacher & Independent Reviewer
The structure offers the perfect balance between guided classwork and independent study:
- Before: Introductory tasks covering Heinrich Böll, the origin of the novel, historical context and Böll’s use of names give students a solid foundation from which to begin their study.
- During: In-depth exploration and analysis of the text ensures thorough understanding. Students consolidate their textual knowledge while critically examining aspects such as structure, humour, narrative voice and key characters.
- Packed with example analyses and possible interpretations to encourage students to critically evaluate.
- Activities include: vocabulary, comprehension, translation, grammar, discussion, research and writing.
- After: Detailed discussion of themes followed by a comprehensive exam section written specifically for the 2016 specs. Exam-style questions help students to apply what they have learnt. Sample essays for AS and A Level prompt discussion of successful essay technique.