Literary Texts Practice for GCSE AQA Reading
Available for French, German Spanish and Italian
Tackle the challenging literary text aspect of the new specs with our bespoke pack based on 20 carefully chosen literary extracts. Engaging comprehension activities with varying levels of support build students’ skills and confidence.
For each tier, there are: ❶ 2 introductory texts with full work-throughs and a step-by-step guide to approaching literary texts ❷ 3 supported texts to build and develop students’ reading skills ❸ 5 exam-practice texts, each followed by a task based on AQA Paper 3.
- Built-in differentiation – text length, grammar and exam questions are fully matched to AQA Sample Assessment Material for Foundation and Higher reading papers
- A wide range of genres, literary periods and authors prepares students for the exam
- Background information on the authors and their works – awaken students’ interest in the fascinating world of literature
- Comprehensive answers to all tasks for easy self, peer and teacher marking and full translations of all extracts – challenge the brightest by setting them a passage to translate!
- Extension writing tasks – use the texts as a springboard for creative-writing practice
I like the way in which these sample questions invite the reader into the world of literature, arousing curiosity and demonstrating that authentic texts are entertaining and not anything to be fearful or suspicious about. I am most impressed by the choices of texts and variety of exercises. Lovely! J Turner, German Teacher & Independent Reviewer
It supports students of both tiers. I really like how each literary text has been linked to a GCSE topic (relationships, food & drink, etc.). There is also a clear focus on tenses and grammar, which is useful. R Bravo, Spanish Teacher & Independent Reviewer