Student Guide to Composition GCSE AQA Unit 2 - Western Classical (2017 Strand)
A comprehensive student guide to the Composing and Appraising Music unit of the AQA GCSE, specifically written for the June 2017 strand: The Western Classical Tradition. Clear, concise and student-friendly notes make composition less daunting.
- 'Where do I start?' - a variety of starting points provide guidance on how to begin composing
- Organised into sections based on the five Areas of Study - perfectly matched to the specification!
- Gives essential information on music theory to remind students of key concepts, showing how to apply the theory to their own composition
- Musical examples throughout bring the theory to life, and practice exercises with full answers help consolidate learning and enhance composing skills
- Includes guidance on creating the score, writing the appraisal and the assessment process
The resource guides students through the entire composition process. They can work through the notes while writing, or refer to sections as needed.
Two example compositions are built up through the resource to illustrate the composing process in action: