Debates in Politics for A2 AQA: USA
Inject new pace and variety into your lessons with 12 unique head-to-head debates, 6 for each unit, specifically recorded for A Level AQA.
Each debate includes:
- A recorded debate on CD – great for auditory learners
- A written transcript on debate topics from across the specification – all topics frequently raised in exams
- Followed by consolidation, analysis and evaluation questions – all in exam style for perfect practice!
- Detailed mark schemes for every question – great AfL
6 exam-relevant articles for A Level AQA Unit 3A: The
Politics of the USA!
The electoral college is in dire need of reform; The Republicans are far more divided than the Democrats; US pressure groups are far more important than US political parties; Third/minor parties and independents are never successful in US elections; Money is more important than the media during US elections; US voters are mainly swayed by party loyalties
6 exam-relevant articles for A Level AQA Unit 4A: The
Government of the USA!
The US Constitution is no longer fit for purpose; As an institution, Congress is more effective than it gets credit for; Congress is without doubt the most powerful branch of government; The Supreme Court has more power than was envisaged by the Founding Fathers; The Supreme Court is very effective in protecting the Constitutional Rights of the citizens of the USA; The president's power is constrained whether or not he is popular
- Inspire students at the start of each topic
- Homework – great independent learning; a focused and fun revision activity