18th and 19th Century Orchestra AS OCR Student Guide (exams 2016-18)
For OCR AS Music: Unit G353, Sections B and C
An excellent resource that fully covers the specification. W Carter, Head of Music and Independent Reviewer
Clear, in-depth and relevant analyses of every set work with special focus on instrumentation and performance; structure; and musical, social and historical contexts.
- J S Bach – Brandenburg Concerto No. 2 in F, 1st movement
- Mozart – Concerto for Piano and Orchestra in D, 1st movement
- Rossini – Overture to La gazza ladra (‘The Thieving Magpie’)
- Bar-by-bar analysis with annotated musical examples – helps students place extracts in context
- Detailed exam information and revision checklist for each piece – ensures thorough preparation
- 26 sample exam questions for Section B and 9 for Section C – with answers for every question plus annotated sample essays
Guides students from formal overview to specific musical features. Starting with prior knowledge and building to advanced analysis, helps students make a smooth transition from GCSE to AS Level.