GCSE Edexcel B Unit 3A: Transformation of Surgery 1845-1918: Sources for Success
Develop students’ source-based skills for exam success with this all-in-one resource. Organised into three key sections:
- An Introduction to Sources: Everything students need to know about approaching sources for GCSE History, with annotated examples.
- The Sources: Interesting and varied sources. Each source has been carefully selected to i) match Edexcel B’s exam style, and ii) allow good questions that are Edexcel B typical.
- Activities and Exam-style Questions: Activities develop the specific skills explained in the introduction. 3 full mock exams on each of the 3 issues; pain, infection and Blood Loss, with mark scheme.
- Clear explanations of the Edexcel B core skills: ‘using contextual knowledge’, ‘inferring’, ‘purpose, reliability, & agreement’
- Skills are demonstrated through sample exam questions, sample answers and examiner’s commentary.
- 35+ interesting and varied sources. Each source has been carefully selected to i) match Edexcel B exam style, and ii) allow good questions that are Edexcel B typical
- Cloze exercises and writing grids develop students’ source skills.
- Exam-style questions prepare students for exam Success. Mark schemes included.