Chamber Music from Mendelssohn to Debussy A2 AQA Student Guide
For Unit 4: Music in Context – Section C, Topic AoS3b
Focused analysis of key sections from five carefully chosen pieces, giving a comprehensive overview of this important period and style.
- Plenty of relevant material to refer to in the exam, including detailed examples
- Key bars sections summarise the most important features of each piece to aid revision
- Sample questions provide valuable exam practice for a wide range of essay types
- Example answers for each question show what is needed in the exam
Students will develop their appreciation of the genre – and be equipped to approach the paper with confidence.
- Mendelssohn – Piano Trio in D Minor
- Schumann – String Quartet No. 1 in A Minor
- Brahms – Piano Quintet in F Minor
- Tchaikovsky – String Quartet No. 2 in F Major
- Debussy – String Quartet in G Minor