Ash on a Young Man's Sleeve Study Guide for GCSE
A well-structured and stimulating Study Guide to bring the teaching of Dannie Abse’s Ash on a Young Man’s Sleeve alive in the GCSE English Literature classroom.
The resource includes comprehensive notes on every important aspect of the novel to meet GCSE Eng. Lit. Assessment Objective requirements and much more! Activities and additional features throughout also help engage students with the content and get them exploring the text independently.
The content is great: apt, perceptive, fluent and knowledgable. L Wilford, English Teacher & Independent Reviewer
- Every chapter and key character
- The author’s choices of language, structure and form across the novel as a whole and how these choices affect the reader
- Key ideas, themes and settings across the novel and why they are important
- Key historical, cultural and social contextual points and how they influence the novel as a whole
- How to approach the WJEC exam and general essay advice
- Key literary terms