Exploring Shakespeare's Comedies at A Level
A comprehensive teaching pack written specifically to explore Shakespeare’s comedies at A Level. A perfect accompaniment to AQA B English Literature’s unit Dramatic Genres.
It includes an overview of the comedy plays and its relation to the genre, then offers a detailed evaluation of five key plays and final assignments questions.
- The Comedy or Errors
- As You Like It
- A Midsummer Night’s Dream
- The Merchant of Venice
- The Tempest
An incredibly useful resource... thoroughly researched and produced by a clearly knowledgeable and experienced practitioner. B Hart, English Teacher & Independent Reviewer
Each evaluation of the play features:
- Important contextual information
- How this play links to the genre and Shakespeare’s conventions
- A brief summary annotated with genre exploration prompts
- Useful comedic concepts to apply
- Main character evaluations
- Shakespeare’s style
- Activities to help students explore key extracts
- Discussion prompts
Written in a student-centred style, from a writer who is passionate about the Bard, it can easily be used directly by students to support self-study and to compliment your existing SOW.