Romeo and Juliet Activity Pack
“Two households, both alike in dignity, In fair Verona, where we lay our scene”
Engaging and differentiated activities for the whole play, interspersed with thought-provoking discussion points. All cross-referenced to the Assessment Objectives for GCSE Literature. Updated for the 2013 specifications.
Activities really stimulate a range of abilities and learning styles through:
- Group, pair and solo tasks
- Creative writing exercises
- Exploring modern adaptations
- Close reading exercises
- Role play / drama activities
- Extension activities created for A/A* students
Further discussion points on themes, characters and ideas help to spark off the students’ own interpretations of the play.
The focus on language and imagery is impressive… Complex literary and dramatic terminology is taught systematically with a small number of terms dealt with in each section.E Hewitt, Head of English, Independent Reviewer
Essential essay guidance and exam preparation (Higher and Foundation):
- Quick guide to what the exam board expects from the controlled assessment (OCR, Edexcel, WJEC and AQA)
- Sample exam questions and planning practice exercises for AQA and Edexcel