WJEC GCSE Revision Guide 2012
'Music Industry Websites' and 'Music Magazines'
'Motivates and encourages students to revise
Roisin Logue, HoD & Customer
'It is very focused on the exam... They have lots of
questions for each section of the exam paper... Use it to
Kath Ree, HoD & Customer
Specifically written for the GCSE WJEC 2012 Exam – every page is relevant!
Ensure students are fully prepared for the exam, from key terms to analysis and pre-production skills.
- Key terms activities give students the language they need to discuss the exam topics
- Step-by-step analysis of contemporary music videos, focusing on key aspects of genre, audience and representation
- Key tasks on magazine planning, including cover, contents and double-page spread
- Exam-style questions & pre-production tasks
- Annotated sample answers help them to recognise what makes a good answer
NEW! Student-friendly mark schemes show how marks are awarded and self-assessment checklists give students specific targets to improve their answers
Also includes extension booklet: Decade-by-decade account of the industry, from Elvis to iTunes, structure of the industry from majors to independents, 'the industry in crisis' and - new for 2012 - the magazine publishers. Regular tasks throughout.
It is fantastic – buy it. We do every year and it has really impacted on our teaching and results. – N Ayres, Head of Media Studies and Customer
Includes great colour images - add PDF to your order at the checkout to be able to print in colour!