WJEC GCSE 2011 topic: Revision Guide for Music Videos and Fan Websites
'Motivates and encourages students to revise
'It is very focused on the exam... They have lots
of questions for each section of the exam paper...
Use it to raise grades.'
WJEC GCSE Revision Guide 2011:
'Music Videos' and 'Fan Websites'
It is fantastic – buy it. We do every year and it has really impacted on our teaching and results. – N Arys, Head of Media Studies and Customer
An updated revision guide for the 2011 special topics. Student booklet in both A4 and A5 form, along with a separate section with advice for teachers. Gives students a clear overview of what to expect in the exams and helps them set themselves clear goals.
Ensure students are fully prepared for the exam, from key terms to analysis and pre-production skills.
- Key terms activities give students the language they need to discuss the exam topics
- Illustrated guide to shots for music videos
- Step-by-step analysis of contemporary music videos, focusing on key aspects of genre, narrative and representation
- Exam-style Qs & pre-production tasks
- Annotated sample answers help them to recognise what makes a good answer
NEW! Student-friendly mark schemes show how marks are awarded and self-assessment checklists give students specific targets to improve their answers
Also includes essential background knowledge: Decade-by-decade account of the industry, from Elvis to iTunes / Structure of the industry from majors to independents, 'the industry in crisis' and convergence of media / Regular tasks throughout
Peter Knowles, Head of Media & Customer