A Level Edexcel Political Issues Course Companions
'Very useful to have basic material for this course
gathered together in one resource… I like the
examples of both types of exam question… I like the
reading exercises, the discussion topics and other
activities… It encourages focused learning by
including the reading exercises & the topic
Topic A Course Companions
Ensure you've covered everything! Comprehensive, up-to-date notes on every aspect of the Edexcel specification for Units 3A and 4A. Clearly structured in specification order and focused towards the exam. Regular tasks and talking points consolidate student learning.
Unit 3A: UK Political Issues
Guides your students through the four specification topics - the economy, welfare, law & order and the environment, including:
'The author has obviously researched the topic
Unit 4A: EU Political Issues
Clear discussion of complex issues, from the single market to the constitution debate. Includes:
It is difficult to find any real support for this
unit. I am
delighted that this has been produced.'
Geared towards the exam:
- Writing frames help develop A2 essay skills
- Model answers with examiner's commentary show students what is expected in the exam
- Discussion springboards stretch and challenge A* students
- Fully revised with updated facts and figures, including detailed analysis of the final period of the coalition government.
- Fresh analysis on key issues in the UK including the policies of the new majority Conservative government, as well as content on the new leaders, including Farron and Corbyn.
- Up-to-date case studies on party policies for tax, education, Hunt and the NHS, and transport including HS2.
- Fully revised with updated facts and figures, covering all four parts of the course.
- Fresh analysis on the outcome of the 2014 EU election and the 2015 general election, and content on how the political landscape has changed since.
- Reference and up-to-date case studies including the pivotal EU 'In-Out' referendum.