Stretch and Challenge Articles for A Level AQA Chemistry
Highly relevant and thought-provoking articles covering a wide range of topics across the AQA Chemistry AS & A Level specifications. With follow-up activities for every article and full spec mapping, this is a wonderful addition to any program of study.
- 11 engaging articles
- Fascinating examples of both cutting edge and historic developments to engage students with Chemistry
- Builds from the core A Level knowledge to stretch even your top students with innovative and imaginative applications
- Discussion and comprehension questions for use in class or at home
- Redox reactions in biology
- What are orbitals?
- Boron – breaking the rules of bonding
- Magnesium – more than a silver ribbon
- Rates of reaction – how not to be scared of mathematical models
- Haemoglobin – winning the equilibrium game
- Expanding the chemistry of alkenes
- The chemistry of vision
- A closer look at nucleophilic substitution
- Solvents – making solutions!
- Springing into action – the theory behind infrared spectroscopy