A Level Edexcel Wider Listening and Unfamiliar Music: Fusions
Prepare students for Section B of the exam with these comprehensive guides.Introduce
- Contextual information provided on all relevant periods sets the scene
- Introductory vocabulary broken down by musical element gives students a foundation for study
- Thorough analysis of the genre using Edexcel’s musical elements ensures all aspects are covered
- Keywords are defined throughout, and a full glossary reinforce the essential terminology
- Learning activities get students familiar with the music and teach analysis skills
- Information about the exam shows students exactly what to expect
- Concise revision summaries for each period and piece bring it all together
- Exam-style questions give students the practice they need. Plus! Sample essays annotated by AO3 and AO4 show them how to gain marks!
|Area of Study 5: Fusions||
Explore the full depth and breadth of this diverse Area of Study. This inclusive guide elucidates international terms, genres and styles, with wide-ranging examples from gamelan ballet to new flamenco.
Features detailed analyses of representative fusion pieces organised by musical element:
Plus! Includes a wealth of other international styles including Afro-Caribbean, Afro-Celtic, bhangra, habanera, samba, salsa and tango, for a wide-ranging understanding.