War Horse: Exploratory Pack for GCSE
Set text for GCSE Eduqas
Nick Stafford’s innovative stage adaptation of Michael Morpurgo’s War Horse encourages creative thinking and is the perfect platform for developing students’ performance and design skills.
These ready-to-use, student-friendly notes and engaging exploratory activities combine to create the ultimate practical study pack for War Horse.
- Packed with practical, written, research and discussion tasks
- Practice essay questions interwoven throughout
- Key terms glossary
- Teaching notes and indicative content
- Consolidate contextual understanding
Find out how the playwright, the social, historical, political and cultural contexts and the performance context inform the play
- Explore the play scene by scene Get insightful commentary and analysis of relevant events and themes while considering the implications on performance, direction and design
- Uncover theatrical possibilities
Take a closer look at production concepts, characterisation, staging, lighting, sound, props, costume and more in light of the whole play