Noughts and Crosses: Exploratory Pack for GCSE
Set text for GCSE AQA
This stage adaptation of Malorie Blackman’s popular novel combines an exciting storytelling style with thought-provoking themes and a wide-range of performance and design possibilities for students to explore.
These ready-to-use, student-friendly notes and engaging exploratory activities combine to create the ultimate practical study pack for Noughts and Crosses.
- Packed with practical, written, research and discussion tasks
- Practice essay questions interwoven throughout
- Key terms glossary
- Teaching notes and indicative content
- Consolidate contextual understanding
Find out how the playwright, the social, historical, political and cultural contexts and the performance context inform the play
- Explore the play scene by scene Get insightful commentary and analysis of relevant events and themes while considering the implications on performance, direction and design
- Uncover theatrical possibilities
Take a closer look at production concepts, characterisation, staging, lighting, sound, props, costume and more in light of the whole play