An Inspector Calls: Exploratory Pack for GCSE
Set text for GCSE Edexcel
With a turbulent social and historical backdrop, strong themes, clear messages and the possibility of both naturalistic and non-naturalistic approaches, J B Priestley’s moralistic take on the whodunnit genre is a perfect all-rounder for GCSE Drama.
These ready-to-use, student-friendly notes and engaging exploratory activities combine to create the ultimate practical study pack for An Inspector Calls.
- Packed with practical, written, research and discussion tasks
- Practice essay questions interwoven throughout
- Key terms glossary
- Teaching notes and indicative content
- Consolidate contextual understanding
Find out how the playwright, the social, historical, political and cultural contexts and the performance context inform the play
- Explore the play scene by scene Get insightful commentary and analysis of relevant events and themes while considering the implications on performance, direction and design
- Uncover theatrical possibilities
Take a closer look at production concepts, characterisation, staging, lighting, sound, props, costume and more in light of the whole play