Topic Tests for AS / A Level OCR A: Stats & Mechanics
Put progress at the heart of your assessment strategy with these paired, progressive topic tests.
A highly flexible set of tests for every topic!
- Three progressive levels of test – Fundamentals Test, Standard Test, and Challenge Test
- Paired ‘second chance’ duplicate – mirroring the first but with different numbers – allowing resits, reinforcement and greater success
- Total of six tests per topic means you can tailor your approach for every student with ease!
- Option 1 (Simple) – Many flexible uses – little planning! E.g. Revise for homework, Test A ⇨ Class test, Test B.
- Option 2 – Run two tests at a time on a rolling basis… E.g. 1/2, 2/3, 3/4
- Option 3 (Sophisticated) – Test three chapters at a time on a rolling basis; use the fundamentals test as starters used with time interval in-between… leaving one test to use at the end for course topic revision
|What do teachers have to say about this resource? (8971)|
|well-varied and offers students an opportunity for wider thinking...<BR><BR>variation in assessments and homework.<BR>It is well differentiated through fundamental, challenge and expert papers.<BR> – G Nandra, Head of Maths & Customer|
|'The answers are so well structured I can follow them never having done mechanics... Matches Edexcel fantastically!'<BR>– M Qume, Parent & Happy Customer|
|'Amazing... The three tiers allow for a very versatile application of resources... It allows students to check their understanding of key topics and staff to differentiate and give follow up... a rich method for checking understanding. Mark schemes very student friendly... The level of challenge of each tier is great for reaching all levels of students.'<BR>– S Marriott, Head of Maths & Customer|
|'Lots of practice and the paired idea works really well for student confidence and encourages them to really reflect on their feedback from set A... Plenty of practice on each topic before moving onto mixed exam papers... Encourages more student reflection on feedback and builds up to expert, they see progress.'<BR>– R Brooks, Head of Maths and Customer|
|'I particularly like the 2 sets of materials. 1 used for practice and 1 for testing. The graduated levels also help... Tests skills before moving to past papers.'<BR>– C Thomas, Head of Maths & Customer|
|'Very useful, good structure, helpful commentary on solutions... worth the money... We let them use it independently so they have plenty of extra material to practice on... Seem to be pretty reliable in terms of answers and this is rare!'<BR>– S Power, Head of Maths & Customer|
|'The questions in the fundamentals tests were great for quick recapping and could be used for prep/homework, whereas the expert ones provided real challenge and would be great for exam revision... The solutions were excellent, really clear and helpful, with lots of concise notes to accompany them too. These are extremely useful for students who want to work independently.'<BR>– K Martin, Teacher & Independent Reviewer|