Hamlet: A Complete Play Guide for AS and A Level
Give students the opportunity to not only learn about Shakespearean techniques and Elizabethan staging, but to interact with the staging and performance styles of many historical and current theatre-makers. The themes and relationships in the play challenge students to think about how complex texts and subtexts are portrayed on stage.
Fantastically clear explanations, in-depth analysis of key dramatic and theatrical aspects, and a wealth of engaging practical and non-practical activities. Your students will know Hamlet inside out:
- Introductory notes and exploratory activities ensure full understanding of the social, historical, cultural, textual and theatrical contexts
- Scene-by-scene walk-through includes detailed analysis of the relevant performance aspects, with plenty of opportunity for practical investigation and independent study
- Production concepts and performance strategies cover character, design, staging, practitioners and more
- Includes indicative content for all activities to support your teaching and your students
- With key terms glossary – perfect for revision!
Specifically geared towards the AS and A Level text-based question, this comprehensive pack is your one-stop shop!