Jerusalem: A Complete Play Guide for AS & A Level Drama
A modern classic giving students the opportunity to explore themes relevant to the world they live in. Jez Butterworth’s play is a fitting opportunity to explore realism and naturalism within direction and design with a class.
- AQA AS & A Level
Fantastically clear explanations, in-depth analysis of key dramatic and theatrical aspects, and a wealth of engaging practical and non-practical activities. Your students will know Jerusalem inside out:
- Introductory notes and exploratory activities ensure full understanding of the social, historical, cultural, textual and theatrical contexts
- Section-by-section walk-through includes detailed analysis of the relevant performance aspects, with plenty of opportunity for practical investigation and independent study
- Production concepts and performance strategies cover character, design, staging, practitioners and more
- Includes indicative content for all activities to support your teaching and your students
- With key terms glossary – perfect for revision!
Specifically geared towards the AS and A Level text-based question, this comprehensive pack is your one-stop shop!
|What do teachers have to say about this resource? (8296)|
|"Exam boards have an assessment criteria relating to the need for a student ‘to create and develop ideas to communicate meaning as part of the theatre making process, making connections between dramatic theory and practice’. This resource amply encourages a student to do that. [Jerusalem] is a really engaging A level text and that this resource will probably encourage many more teachers to tackle it." B Calland, Drama Teacher and Independent Reviewer|