Study Skills through Sport
Empower your students to develop some serious study skills and build their confidence going into the exams with these highly relatable sporting principles.
Harness the power of sport for exam success!
Students read through real-world sporting principles that are cleverly linked to one of five fundamental areas of exam preparation and then complete a worksheet to develop the relevant study skill.
Great for use as homework or in tutor time!
The activities can be used for all levels of learner in order for students to reflect on their individuality and achievements...
...identifying their strengths students can [then help] to work on their weaknesses
5 fundamental areas of exam preparation:
- Learning: Supports students to understand how to retain information, reflect on their learning process and get the most out of each lesson
- Focus: Develops students’ concentration and helps them to avoid unnecessary distractions.
- Effort: Empowers students to make sacrifices and put the hardwork in.
- Motivation: Taps into students’ inner driving force and maintains enthusiasm.
- Revision: Advances students’ revision strategies, to help them get the most out of their revision.
Share with others:
What do teachers say about this resource? (8202)
The educational value of this resource is vast. The activities can be used for all levels of learner but could also easily be added to tutor time in order for students to reflect on their individuality and achievements. Through simple reflection and identifying their strengths students can plan to work on their weaknesses. I feel that this resource can be easily applied to any level of learner and any specification.
The activities certainly reinforce learning... it can be generalised for all students who are taking exams and using the [sports] principles it describes can be extrapolated for better success in all exams the students are taking. This is a really good idea.
- 2018 Exams
- Breaking Revision Down
- Connecting Subjects
- Exam Confidence
- Exam Readiness
- Exam Stress
- Exam Success
- Focus in the Exam
- Form Time
- GCSE 9–1
- GCSE AQA Physical Education (8582)
- GCSE Edexcel Physical Education (1PE0/3PE0)
- GCSE Eduqas Physical Education (C550)
- GCSE Exam Prep
- GCSE OCR Physical Education (J587)
- GCSE PE
- GCSE PE Study Skills
- GCSE WJEC Physical Education (3550/3555)
- Good Learning Practice
- Retaining and Retrieving Information
- SMART Planning
- Student Progression
- Student Relaxation Techniques
- Study Skills
- Tutor Time