Starters and Plenaries for GCSE Edexcel Religious Studies A: Short Course
Some fantastic and creative ideas here. Useful to aid a scheme of work for the new GCSE. A Jones, Head of RS & Independent Reviewer
Start and finish your lessons with flair with our packs of ready-to-use activities. Starters prepare and motivate your whole class, and plenaries ensure effective learning right up to the bell. The perfect complement to your scheme of work!
All the resources you need:
- Visually appealing, write-on student worksheets for every activity to keep everyone on-task – and full answers for easy marking
- Handy cross-reference grid with teacher’s notes, spec references, timings and resources required
- Extension tasks to stretch more-able students and fast finishers, and revision-focused exercises to connect back to the exam
Activities fit seamlessly into your lessons – flexible in every way!
- Tasks for every topic, specifically focused on the new specifications
- Wide range of formats for all types of learner, from quizzes and mind maps to cut-and-stick tasks and educational games
- Mix it up with individual, group and whole-class participation
- An activity to suit any lesson – ranging from 5 to 15 minutes
|What do teachers have to say about this resource? (8180, 8181, 8193)|
|"A good and useful document to aid a scheme of work for the new GCSE course... it would be a beneficial tool, in particular for small departments and new teachers to RS... I like the wide variety of ideas, the links made in retention, learning and clear links to many aspects of the new GCSE. Some of the creative tasks and the way it supports revision and also learning. I really liked how some tasks had great depth and also were useful ‘summaries’ of learning that pupils are now expected to make... There are some fantastic and creative ideas here... it matches the challenge and new emphasis on literacy that the new specification brings... Activity 1 – Love this idea. Very concise and really summarises what pupils need to know." – A Jones, Head of RS & Independent Reviewer|